Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Child and the Robbers

Author Joan Larsen learns a lesson in the ‘It Won’t Happen to Us’ mentality

Joan Larsen | 10/19/2010 12:00 am

I have a story to tell, a tale that lies within me, waiting to come out ? a seemingly improbable story that has happened in my own family ? a story that has marked me, marked my family. Like it or not, TV and the media have made us voyeurs in the most horrific stories of break-ins, robberies gone wrong and murder. More. We can change channels but there are only others to take their places. They affect our minds and hearts. But we are fortunate. They just happen to other people. Well, don’t they??? Don’t they?

Nobody is going to come after us.


I was wrong.


?Joan Larsen


A true story ...

Source: http://www.wowowow.com/life/child-and-robbers-joan-larsen-505367

CLAIRE MCCASKILL CLUB FOR GROWTH CNN CNN 100

No comments:

Post a Comment