Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Oprah Winfrey: I'm Not A Lesbian

Filed under:



The rumors have been around for years. She even made light about them recently. But Oprah Winfrey has once again stated flatly: "I'm not a lesbian."

"I'm not even kind of a lesbian," the talk-show queen, 56, tells Barbara Walters in an upcoming interview on ABC. "And the reason why [the rumor] irritates me is because it means that somebody must think I'm lying. That's number one. Number two ... why would you want to hide it? That is not the way I run my life."

The rumors have focused on Winfrey's friend Gayle King. But Winfrey says that relationship is extremely close in a whole different way.

"She is ... the mother I never had. She is ... the sister everybody would want. She is the friend that everybody deserves. I don't know a better person. I don't know a better person," Winfrey says while choking up.

"It's making me cry because I'm thinking about ... how much ... I probably have never told her that. Tissue, please. I now need tissue. I've never told her that."

The occasion for the interview, airing Thursday at 9 p.m. ET on ABC, is the end of Winfrey's syndicated show next May and the beginning of her new cable network - OWN, The Oprah Winfrey Network.

Source: People



Kevin Eason is a freelance editorial cartoonist and Illustrator from New Jersey. His brand of satire covers news events in politics, entertainment, sports and much more. Follow him on Facebook.

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://www.bvblackspin.com/2010/12/08/oprah-winfrey-im-not-a-lesbian/

CNN VIDEO CNN VIDEO NEWS CNN\\\'S SHORT LIST CNN.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment