Monday, December 20, 2010

To Keep Or Not To Keep?

Brooks Riley on shedding sentimentality and decluttering your life

BrooksRiley | 11/16/2010 12:00 am

At a certain age, my mother said, "I don’t envy you children having to deal with all this after I’m gone." She was referring to the lifelong accumulation of belongings that occupied the large house where she lived alone after my father died. The question of "sizing down" never occurred to her. She assumed, correctly, that she would live out the rest of her life in that house, with all those belongings.

Not all of her "stuff," as George Carlin and rest of us call the things we keep, was accumulated by her. Some of it was brought by my father from faraway places he had lived in his youth. Some of it came from the many Southern generations that had preceded my mother, such as our mahogany dining ...

Source: http://www.wowowow.com/life/keep-size-down-your-stuff-organize-hoard-shed-brooks-riley-510913

HOUSE REPUBLICANS HOUSING AND REAL ESTATE HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT HOWARD DEAN

No comments:

Post a Comment